Silk Invest was founded in 2008 to provide institutional investors with access to the investment opportunities across Africa, the Middle East and Frontier Asia.
We focus on the future 47% of world population and the opportunities presented through economic convergence driven by people and institutions. In short ‘the consumer’ versus a more traditional commodity driven approach to these markets.
Silk Invest is FSA regulated with investment teams in London, South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, UAE and Kenya.
Underpinning our philosophy is the belief that local presence is critical for success in frontier market investing.
Silk Invest provides veteran managed frontier market investment capability across public markets in equity and fixed income as well as private equity.
With track records of over 3 years, Silk Invest has delivered investors with competitive performance at lower volatility than peer universes and benchmarks
Silk Invest – Key Characteristics
- Independent frontier specialists
- Focus on the Consumer-related opportunity focus across public equity, fixed income and private equity
- Veteran institutional managers
- Critical local presence with investment teams representing 13 countries
- Boutique and entrepreneurial culture of ownership