This region lies on the old Silk route and is undergoing a re-awakening.Its geographic positing, between three of the BRIC giants, makes it superbly located to leverage its human and natural resources.
THE MACRO ENVIRONMENT
- Infrastructure: Superb infrastructure, albeit built in Soviet times
- Stability: Concentrated political elite focused on delivering economic growth
- Tourism: Unspoilt vast open spaces, yet to be exploited
- Property: Housing and offices markets recovering from a speculative boom
- Economy: Strong economic growth resuming.
- FDI: Largely resource led, leaving the consumer opportunities to local investors