Dr. HEINZ J. HOCKMANN, Chairman, PhD (30 Yrs experience)
- Established expert in finance industry and strong academic background.
- CEO of Fortis Investments Germany (AUM grew 200% during 3yr tenure).
- Head of Commerzbank Asset Management (AUM grew 250% during 8yr tenure).
- Author of 4 books on stock market research, accounting, tax policy and finance theory.
Education: M.S. Economics and PhD Business Finance (University of Bochum)
MURRAY WHITE, Director Marketing (14 Yrs Experience)
- EVP, Executive Creative Director at Doner.
- Creative Director at Springer & Jacoby International.
- Awards include Gold Lion – Cannes International Advertising Awards, Golden Eurobest, amongst other distinctions.
- Client partners include Mercedes Benz, DWS and the Atradius.
- Co-founder of Silk Invest.
Education: BA of Arts in with Ass. Dip. In International Marketing (RMIT Melbourne)
ALEXANDRE CANTACUZÈNE, Director African Food Fund
- Senior food industry executive with over 40 years at Nestle (40 years experience)
- Headed operations in different countries in Africa, ME and South America
- Employers: Nestle in Africa, Middle East, South America, France and Head Office in Switzerland
Education: University of Arts in Paris
ARI-PEKKA HILDEN, Director (20 years experience)
- Investment expert with 20 years track record and first hand investment expertise in emerging markets.
- Investment Committee member at various emerging markets funds.
- Employers: Varma, SEB, LGPI and Postipankki.
Education: Master of Economics (University of Tampere), Certified Financial Analyst (CEFA) (Swedish Business School, Helsinki)
HAJAR MOUATASSIM, Director Legal (10 Yrs Experience)
- Associate lawyer with Van Bael & Bellis, Brussels.
- Specialist in EU competition, trade and regulatory law and international trade law.
- Represents multinationals across a variety of sectors and countries.
- Co-founder of Silk Invest.
Education: MS Law, University of Leiden and MS European Law, University of Louvain la Neuve
Nationality: Moroccan & Dutch
ZIN ELABIDINE BEKKALI, CEO and CIO, MBA, CFA (12 Yrs Experience)
- Founder of Silk Invest with a successful track record in asset management and strategy consulting.
- Head of Business Development and Processes, Fortis Investments (grew revenues by €200m+ during 4 yr tenure).
- Consultant, Bain & Company.
- Head of Marketing Services, ING Investment Management.
Education: MS Econometrics (University Amsterdam), CFA & MBA (London Business School)
Nationality: Moroccan & Dutch
DANIEL BROBY, Deputy CEO and CIO Public Markets(25 Yrs Experience)
- CIO, Head of Asset Management and Director of the Renaissance Africa Fund, Renaissance Investment Management
- CIO, Bankinvest, Chief Portfolio Manager, Nordea Investments and Head of International Research, Morgan Stanley Quilter.
- Capital Markets Policy Council member, CFA Institute.
- Author of 3 books and numerous published articles on investment management.
Education: MPhil in economics and an MSc in investment analysis
BALDWIN BERGES, Managing Partner (20 Yrs experience)
- Head of Global Business Development, Standard Asset Management.
- Fixed Income specialist, Credit Agricole Indosuez, Ahorro Corporacion and CIMD.
- Since 2000, has been active as a business developer in the investment management industry.
- Nordic and Iberian market coverage for INVESCO.
Education: B.S. Business Administration (European University Antwerp/ Madrid, 1991)
WASEEM A. KHAN, Managing Partner, MBA, PhD, CFA (25 years experience)
- Senior Investment Advisor, ADIA.
- Chief Economist and Head of Capital Markets, Kuwait Investment Authority.
- Senior Investment Adviser, and member of the investment strategy at ADIA.
- Head of Investments, Wealth Management Middle East, Citigroup.
Education: MBA from Ito School of Management (USA), PhD in Economics from Claremont University (USA), CFA, Management programmes at Harvard and Stanford.
ABDELTIF STITOU, Chief Operating Officer (10 yrs Experience)
- Founder of one of the 1st Moroccan micro-credit funds
- Risk and Business Analyst, ABN AMRO
- Strategy and business development advisory experience to small companies
- Additional experience as an HR Consultant for DPA Flex
- Fluent in French, Arabic, Dutch and English
Education: MS Financial Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Nationality: Moroccan & Dutch
CHRIS MULLER, Investment Director Southern Africa, MBA (18 Yrs Experience)
- Founder and Portfolio Manager, Cedar Fund.
- Director, Fleming Martin (now JPMorgan).
- MBA Finance lecturer.
- Education: BA English and MBA (Wits University and Wits Business School) .
Education: B.S. English from Wits University, MBA degree from Wits Business School, 1998
Nationality: South African & Australian
HESHAM SAAD, Investment Director MENA (8 Yrs Experience)
- Portfolio Manager, NAEEM Holdings.
- Previous employers include Arab Bank and CIB.
- Education: BSc Business Administration (Ain Shams University) and CFA III candidate.
Education: B.S. Business Administration (Ain Shams University) and CFA III candidate
JAMIL AKHUNDOV, Investment Director Eurasia (10 Yrs Experience)
- Founder and Director, Ploutos Capital.
- Investment Partner, Merrill Lynch Commodity Partners.
- Previous employers include Morgan Stanley and EBRD.
Education: B.A. International Relations (Keel University), PgDip Economics (Warwick University), MBA European Management (ESC Nantes, Universidad de Deusto)
FUNMI AKINLUYI, Investment Director Sub-Saharan Africa (6 Yrs experience)
- 2nd Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Northern Trust and Stanbic IBTC.
- Expertise in commodities and African oil & gas research.
- Previous employers include Barings Asset Management and Citibank.
- Education: BSc Economics (University of Lagos), MSc Finance (Imperial College London) and CFA III candidate.
Education: BSc Economics (University of Lagos), MSc Finance and DIC (Imperial College) & CFA III candidate
LAOLU ALABI, Investment Analyst (3 Yrs experience)
- Equity Research Analyst (Breweries), Stanbic IBTC sub-Saharan African region.
- Extensive knowledge of equities markets with mutual fund administration experience.
- Education: BSc Finance (University of Lagos), Msc Finance and Management (Cranfield School of Management), Associate Accounting Technician.
Education: BSc Finance (University of Lagos), MSc Finance & Management (Cranfield School of Management), AAT
NIGEL BANNERMAN, Investment Director
- M&A/Corporate Finance, Cal Merchant Bank, Deutsche Bank AG, PwC.
- Management Consultant, Coopers & Lybrand (Ghana) .
- Entrepreneurial experience in food industry ventures (fisheries and crop production/export) in Ghana.Senegal, Mauritania and Congo.
Education: Bsc Econ (London School of Economics), MBA (Insead, Fontainebleau, France), Associate Chartered Accountant
JOHN BATES, Director Fixed Income (15 year experience)
- Head of Credit Research for Sub-Sahara Africa at Renaissance Capital.
- Senior Analyst, Emerging Markets Research at ABN AMRO.
- Previous employers include West LB, West Merchant Bank and Bank Austria.
Education: BA in German (University College London) and Postgraduate Diploma in International Business and Finance
STEPHEN CHARANGWA, Quantitative Analyst
- Senior Project Manager, UK National Health Service (UK), Colbro Transport (Zimbabwe) .
- Team Member, 2010 CFA Global Investment Research Challenge UK Finals winners.
Education: BA (Hons) Management (Leeds UK), PgDip Business Project Management (UK), IMC (CFA UK), MSc Investment Analysis with Distinction (University of Stirling) – CFA I candidate
ADELE GIKONYO, Investment Analyst, Sub-Saharan Africa (3 years experience)
- Investment Banking and Finance Analyst, Credit Suisse.
- Investment Banking Analyst, Renaissance Capital.
Education: BEng in Chemical Engineering (McGill University), MSc in Engineering Project Management (University of Birmingham), CFA I candidate.
YOUSSEF LAHLOU, Portfolio Manager Maghreb (5 Yrs experience)
- Senior Financial Analyst, CDG Capital.
- Atlas International.
Education: BS Finance (Arizona University), MS Finance (London School of Economics)
PATRICK LANDI, INVESTMENT DIRECTOR (10 Yrs Experience)
- EM and African Fixed Income and Equity Sales & Trading, Exotix, ABN Amro and Fortis.
- Corporate Finance roles at HSBC and Broadview US Bancorp.
- Track record of building and developing business franchises in finance sector.
Education: BSc in Business Management (University of Bath)
RICHARD ODUMODU, Investment Director Fixed Income (14 Yrs Experience)
- Head of Government coverage & the Local Authority Unit (LAU), Barclays.
- Advisory, business development and (academic and investment) research experience.
- Equity, options and fixed income sales trading, TD and CIBC.
Education: B.A. Political Science and Economics (University of Western Ontario), Post Graduate Certificate in International Business (ESCP-EAP), MBA (Cass Business School, City University London), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA).
Nationality: Canadian, British
FELIX CASSEL, Investment Analyst (4 years experience)
- Investment Analyst, Somerset Capital and Trinity Street Asset Management.
- Co-founder of 1st investment society at Newcastle University and founded and managed investment club “Gekko growth fund” .
- Worked at the sales desk for Jefferies.
Education: BSc Hons Mathematics and Psychology (University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne).
MOHAMED BAHAA ABDEEN, Portfolio Manager Egypt & GCC (7 years Experience)
- Financial Advisory Services, Deloitte.
- Previous employers include Arab Bank and Inertia Investment Bank.
Education: B.S.C Accounting (Ain shams University) and CFA III candidate.
MARC FOSS, Executive Director Middle East (27 Yrs experience)
- Co-founder and Senior Portfolio Manager, Metaxis.
- Senior Portfolio Manager, ADIA and DIC.
- Previous employers include Citicorp Scrimgeour Vickers and Fuji International Finance.
Education: B.A. Hons History & Law (University of Kent) and MBA with Finance specialization
RYAN LALLOESINGH, Trading Manager
- Previously worked as a market maker in stock and index options
- Experienced in trading Exchange Traded Funds on different exchanges
Education: MS Financial Econometrics (Erasmus University Rotterdam)